Summer 2021 Back-end
You don't get there just by writing decent code. You need to be creative, have a gut for business, meet demanding security standards, and always think a few steps ahead. That's what we'll start teaching you here.
Although we're on a lookout mostly for aspiring back-end developers, we may find some interesting challenges for you even if you're more into front-end. Oh, and don't expect any meaningless, purely theoretical tasks. You will be working on real tasks and solving real problems.
You will learn
- Mostly backend (Node.js) and some frontend
- The secrets of writing good code and dozens of software engineering tricks
- How products for Silicon Valley startups are made
- How to use Agile methodology
- How to work as a team
- How to manage projects efficiently
We're looking for
You should have:
- Some knowledge of TypeScript or another strongly-typed language
- Basic familiarity with Express or Hapi framework
- Basic knowledge of at least one database system, e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, elasticsearch
- Some experience working with and/or creating REST APIs
- Familiarity with Git
- Good command of English (written & spoken)
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
You will get extra points for:
- A profile on GitHub with personal projects
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related fields (finished or currently enrolled)
- Understanding of design patterns and object-oriented programming
- Familiarity with NestJS framework
Application and assignment
Sign up using the link on our website. The applications will be open between 19.04.2021 - 09.05.2021. Once we receive your application the task will be sent to you automatically.
You have till 16.05.2021 to solve the task and send it back to us. We will check the tasks manually, so don't expect immediate feedback.
Between 01-16.06.2021 we'll check the recruitment tasks and call the candidates who proposed the best solutions to the assignment for a quick phone interview.
Welcome on board!
Before 21.06.2021 we'll inform everyone who applied whether they got in or not. We have 4 spots for the internship in 2021. The internship starts on 19.07.2021, and lasts 6 weeks, till 27.08.2021.
Most common questions
Our office is fantastic loft style space in downtown Warsaw (Nowy Świat) with numerous commuting options and a space for your bike.
Of course, this year the situation depends on the official regulations, but we hope we will be able to run the internship at our office like last year.
We will pay you 3000 pln gross based on a contract of mandate (umowa zlecenie). Of course you will be able to enjoy all the nice things in our office. Apart from the basics, we have snacks and fresh ice-cream, and a chill room with table football & Playstation 4.